LESSON PLANS – Grade 1
Rekindling the spirit of care and respect for life.
Available in English and Afrikaans. Choose the language below.
Grade 1 – Term 1
The weather; The long hot days of Summer
• Explain why we should never look directly into the sun
• Things I can do
• How I am the same as my friends
• How I am different from my friends
Religious and other special days
Grade 1 – Term 2
• Prior knowledge, personal and social well-being
• Revise the weather associated with Summer and the transition into Autumn
• Revise all 4 seasons as shown in Lesson Plans: Grade R: Terms 1 – 4
• What a family is
• Members of my family: immediate and extended
• Caring for each other at home
• In the home
• Safe and unsafe situations and places
Grade 1 – Term 3
Animals we keep as pets
• How to look after pets at home – shelter, food, water, bathing, exercise
• Treating animals properly – walking them, not teasing, not locking them in a car
• Manners and responsibilities: showing kindness
Grade 1 – Term 4
• Types of homes – include flats, houses, shacks, traditional homes
• Finding places on a picture map
Just click the ‘Get this item’ button below to download the Lesson Plans.
Please note that some files may take a little longer to download because of file-size.