Educators who are interested in a workshop should please contact Louise van der Merwe.
Landline: 021 852 8160
A four-hour workshop for educators equips them with the reasons for animal welfare education as well as with curriculum-aligned resources to take back into their classrooms to fulfil relevant topics in the curriculum for the rest of the year.
Face-to-face workshops are available in Johannesburg and Cape Town. Online workshops will be available soon.
EARLY CHILDHOOD DEVELOPMENT:
IN ADDITION TO THIS SPECIAL TWO-HOUR WORKSHOP, DELEGATES WHO TEACH ECD RETURN TO THE CLASSROOM WITH THE FOLLOWING RESOURCES:
Caring Kids is a fun-filled box of resources geared for Early Childhood Development
• Multiple felt cut-outs with a focus on animal welfare
• A felt board on which to attach the felt cut-outs
• A leaflet suggesting multiple games that can be played with the cut-outs
• Seven booklets in miniature on animal welfare to inspire the telling of stories with the felt cut-outs
• An animal welfare card game (suitable for playing Snap or Pairs)
• Books of animal welfare short stories (published in a choice of 6 of South Africa’s official languages, for reading to the children)
• Four hand puppets to encourage play-acting of the issues
• A snakes and ladders-type board game on animal welfare
These resources are made of materials that are durable and can be used by many young hands in hours of entertainment over a period of years.